Sunday, April 18, 2010

Asian Turkey Burgers

This past week I have been busy enjoying the great outdoors and taking advantage of the wonderful spring weather with my little family, hence the lack of any recent blog posts. With this wonderful weather I have been enjoying, comes outdoor cooking. I have been doing a lot of out door cooking lately!! One of my favorite Summer Grilling recipes is Asian Turkey Burgers. I love to make these burgers when we entertain during the summer and I have received wonderful compliments when I make them. I wish I could but I can not claim this recipe as my own. I got this recipe when I was working for a meal preparation company in St. George. These juicy burgers are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters and the wasabi sauce compliments the burgers with just a hint of heat! I hope you enjoy this recipe and as always I heart comments so please leave me your feedback!

Asian Turkey Burgers
1 1/4 lbs of Ground Turkey
1/3 c. sliced Green onions
1/4 c. Plain Yogurt
1/4 c. Breadcrumbs
1 T. Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 T. Hoisin Sauce
1-2 t. Minced Ginger
1/4 t. Black Pepper
1/8 t. Cayenne (optional but we love a little heat!)

Mix ingredients until well blended. Shape meat mixture into patties and grill.

Wasabi Sauce
1/4 c. Light Mayo
1/4 c. Yogurt
1/4 t. lime juice

1/2 t. Soy Sauce

1/2 t. Dijon Mustard
1/2 t. Garlic Powder

1/4 t. Wasabi or Wasabi Powder

1/4 t. Paprika


Mix ingredients together until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use! When ready to use, spread on buns and add any of your favorite burger toppings. ie: cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomatoes.
* I like to make the sauce a day ahead of time because it gives the flavors a chance to blend together.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...