Sunday, April 25, 2010

Shrimp Scampi

I Love Seafood and One of my favorite things to order at any well known Seafood Restaurant is the shrimp scampi. Usually when my order comes to the table I find that the shrimp scampi is served piping hot soaking in a rich parsley, garlic and butter sauce. Yum! Who can resist that? When I came across this recipe that has the shrimp scampi served with angel hair or linguine pasta, I jumped at the chance to make this for my family. The shrimp really pops with flavor and the noodles are a yummy compliment. My husband adored this dish and my kids actually dove into it. I was surprised but they(my kiddos) actually enjoyed the noodles and shrimp. What makes this recipe really good is that it is easy to prepare and you could whip it up quickly on a weekday night. It is also fancy enough to make for that special occasion, impressing a date or for a holiday dinner like Valentines Day! Give this recipe a try it is truly a winner!

Shrimp Scampi

recipe adapted from blog chef and photo courtesy of blog chef

2 lbs. raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 lb. angel hair or linguine pasta
1 c. butter
2 shallots(minced)
8 cloves of garlic (minced)
1/3 c. white wine *
3 T. Lemon Juice
1/4 c. fresh parsley (chopped)
1/4 c. teaspoon salt
1/8 teas. Black pepper
*Note: You can find a variety of cooking wines and cooking sherries at your local Harmon's. Harmon's seems to have the best variety and selection of "exotic" if you will cooking supplies. If any of you are worried about cooking with alcohol, know that it cooks out!

Step 1: Cook angel hair or linguine pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, melt 1 cup of butter in a skillet. Add in the shallots and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly (you don't wan them to burn).
Step 2: Add shrimp and cook over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Make sure you flip them over so they are cooked on both sides.
Step 3: Add wine, lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper. Cook for another minute or two and pour shrimp over pasta and serve.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...