Sunday, May 16, 2010

Independence Day Maddy Dress

Go here to see one of my favorite blogs that I like to visit. I love Ashley Johnston. Maybe it is because we have the same first name or maybe it is because she is so seriously talented at coming up with her own tutorials/patterns and crafty ideas. I think it is both. I have really grown fond of this pattern that Ashley has designed and I have thoroughly enjoyed making this pattern for my little girl. My little girl has four of these cute little sundresses hanging in her closet. What is also nice about this pattern, is that you can make them a size smaller (don't sew on bottom ruffle) and use this pattern for a little top as well. The possibilities are endless!! Truly though, I am in love with this pattern... Oh, and did I mention that it is so easy to sew. I am not a seamstress, nor do I profess to be but this pattern is seriously so simple and the instructions are so easy to follow. If I can do it, any aspiring seamstress can make this cute little dress for the little dear in their life. Ok, so there is my plug for Ashley Johnston patterns. (This past week, I just bought 4 more patterns from her. I am excited to start sewing something new!)

I made this cute little Independence Day dress for my cute little 6- month-old niece, Kenley. Her daddy is just getting out of the Army and I wanted to make something for her to wear to not only meet her daddy in (he has seen her once at birth but has spent the rest of her life serving our country in Afghanistan) but also so she would have something patriotic to wear for this years up coming holiday (Independence day). I also got ambitious too and made her a cute little hair bow to match. I am excited to get this cute little ensemble off in the mail and surprise my cute little niece.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

2 comments:

  1. That is so thoughtful of you! I'm sure your niece and her parents will enjoy it! How do you make your bows? I love this patriotic one and the green one you sent Emma. I should know how to make bows, but I don't and would love to learn! Where do you buy the supplies for them?

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...