Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cran-Birdie Sandwiches

If you are anything like me during the summer months, I loathe turning on the oven or stove to cook dinner. It heats up the whole entire house for hours after dinner is over and it makes everyone miserable sitting around in a warm home. During the summer months, I enjoy making cold salads, sandwiches or grilling for our dinners. This is one recipe that I am sure your palette will enjoy and you won't have to turn on your oven or stove. Also, these yummy sandwiches are kid friendly!!This recipe was presented in one of my cooking classes that I took in college. Each one of us had to demonstrate how to prepare a dish or an easy meal. The gal that made these sandwiches worked at a sandwich shop in Las Vegas while growing up and shared this recipe with the class. If you like turkey, cranberry sauce, cream cheese, mayo and sun flower seeds this sandwich is sure to be a hit! When my fellow classmate passed around samples of these sandwiches for everyone to try in class, I was a little hesitant to dig in but they were delicious! These sandwiches have become a favorite at our our home!

Cran-Birdie Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2 Slices of toasted sourdough bread
Mayo
Cream Cheese (Philadelphia brand)
Sliced Turkey Deli Meat

Can of Jellied Cranberry Sauce (Ocean Spray Brand)
Raw Sunflower seeds


Directions:
Spread mayonnaise on one piece of toasted Sour Dough Bread. Then spread cream cheese on the other piece of toast. Spread mixed cranberry sauce on top of the cream cheese. Put a handful of sunflower seeds on top of the cranberry sauce. Place turkey on the mayonnaise side. Squish together and enjoy!!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. I made these with my Thanksgiving leftovers. A new favorite!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...