Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

My favorite season is Fall time and it is no wonder that it is my favorite season because there are so many delicious treats and dishes to make. I dare say that my husbands favorite cookies are pumpkin cookies. He adores them and since I adore him I whipped up a batch this afternoon to surprise him when he got home from work. I didn't have a good pumpkin chocolate chip recipe so I did a little research online before hand and came across this Oh, so scrumptious looking recipe and wanted to give it a try. The results were fantastic and it made plenty of cookies to share with a few of my neighbors. If you have a hankering for a fall treat, give this recipe a try it is truly one that will please your taste buds.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

adapted from mybakingaddiction.com
Ingredients:
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 c. white sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1 egg
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon milk
1 tablespoon vanilla paste or extract
2 c. semi sweet or milk chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, oil, and egg. In a seperate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt.
2. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well with a spoon.
3. Add vanilla and Chocolate chips
4. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. woow. I think I'm drooling, just a little. ;) those cookies look so delicious! I'll have to hunt down some canned pumpkin in the next couple weeks. thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...