Sunday, October 24, 2010

Baked Oatmeal with Berries

I found this recipe on a fellow food lover's blog! The author of the blog is in one of my friends church boundaries. I think that we might be kindred spirits even though I have never met her. I have tried a few of her recipes now, and I think I am in love... maybe a little with her(mostly her blog) since she is a brilliant chef for sharing her recipes on line but because I know that she is also in love with trying new recipes and is a little bit of a fanatic when it comes to food like I am. When I saw this recipe I just had to try it. Both of my little kidlets love oatmeal and they eat it frequently for breakfast! The thing that I hate though is spending the money for those individual packets of oatmeal when I have a whole food storage of oatmeal waiting to be used and know that I am quite capable of making oatmeal with out the help of Mr. Quaker Oat man. This recipe is a wonderful one for using that food storage that you may have. This baked oatmeal recipe is like eating warm oatmeal cookies for breakfast or even better a pie! My husband and I added a thawed berry mix to our servings and we thought we had died and gone to heaven...it tasted like a berry pie! The BEST part is that you know that even though it is sweet like dessert you know that you are eating healthy!! Give this oatmeal recipe a try next time you have a hankering for adding something new to your breakfast menu!

Baked Oatmeal with Berries
photo and recipe courtesy of cooking blog: "Jamie Cooks it Up!"

1 1/2 c. quick cooking oatmeal ( you can use regular if you would like)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. butter
1 egg
1 t. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 t. vanilla

Additional Ingredients:
Milk
Berries, frozen or fresh ( if you are using frozen thaw in microwave before adding to oatmeal)
Brown Sugar

Directions:
Mix first 8 ingredients together and spread batter into into a greased cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with berries, milk and brown sugar if desired.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...