Sunday, October 24, 2010

French Dip Sandwiches

I have been doing quite a bit of cooking lately and have thoroughly found some new delicious recipes from a darling blog called, "Jamie cooks it Up!" I love her cooking blog and if you check her out here you just might fall in love with her blog as well! Tonight for Sunday dinner, I tried her french dip sandwiches. I loved this recipe right off the bat because it is a slow cooker recipe. I HEART slow cooker recipes!! Especially, in the winter time. There is nothing better to me than cooking with your slow cooker and letting the aromas waft through the air. Nothing says fall and winter time than this. This recipe hit the spot with my little family of four this evening. Even my cute little 5 and 2 year old didn't complain! That is right, no fights with them at all over getting them to eat their dinner. What mother doesn't like dinner time to be peaceful? I know I do! This recipe would be perfect to serve on Halloween Evening before the troops vacate your home to do a little Happy Haunting. I served my Meat topped with provolone cheese and served on crusty rolls. I paired these delicious sandwiches with a subtle yet savory sweet potato fries recipe, yes you guessed it... courtesy of Jamie.

French Dip Sandwiches
recipe courtesy of "Jamie cooks it Up!"

Ingredients:
1 3-4 lb. beef roast
1 T olive oil
salt and pepper
2 -1 oz pkgs. Lipton Onion soup mix
4 c. Hot Water
2 Beef Boulion
8 rolls, something with a good crust on it
Cheese, I recommend Provolone

Directions:
Heat up skillet, add olive oil. Sprinkle your roast with salt and pepper, generously!! Place roast in the pan and sear meat on all sides. Place meat in slow cooker. Sprinkle onion soup mixes over roast and add hot water and Beef Boulion cubes. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6-8 hours. One hour before serving, take out beef and shred. Return beef to crock pot and simmer in juices for 1 more hour. When ready to serve, take meat out of crock pot and serve on rolls with your choice of cheese. Pour hot juices from crock pot into tiny bowls for dipping your sandwiches in. Enjoy!!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...