Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grandma Johnson's Chicken Noodle Soup

This is my favorite chicken noodle soup recipe!! My mom actually got this recipe from the cutest older lady that lived just down the street from us while I was growing up. Grandma Johnson as I will call her, is such a sweet and classy older lady and I always looked up to her when I was growing up. That is why I am calling this Grandma Johnson's Chicken Noodle Soup since it is her recipe and I must give credit where credit is due! I made this Chicken Noodle Soup this past Saturday and took it to a church function, in which I received many compliments! I love making this soup when the weather turns crisp and chilly. I like serving this soup on top of mashed potatoes or even paired up with a nice slice of homemade wheat or white bread topped with butter and homemade jam! This is always a kid friendly dish. My kids love that I use those big fat homemade noodles that you buy in the store. Look for them in bags down the pasta aisle! Hope this becomes a favorite at your home!

Grandma Johnson's Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Recipe is Adapted from Beth Johnson's Kitchen
1- Rotisserie Chicken, shredded and cut up
6 c. cold water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
6 pepper corns or 1/2 tsp ground black pepper if you don't have access to peppercorns
3 whole cloves ( not garlic cloves)
1- 10 3/4 oz. can chicken broth
1-10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
1-10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. chopped celery
1 1/2 c. chopped carrots
1 c. chopped potatoes
1 small bay leaf
1 tsp. seasoning salt
1 medium onion, chopped
1-2 c. egg noodles or homemade noodles

Directions:
Place chicken in big soup pot and the rest of the ingredients on top. Simmer for 2-3 hours until veggies are tender. Add 1-2 cups of egg noodles during the last 15-25 minutes of cooking.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

2 comments:

  1. yay!! soo glad you posted a chicken noodle soup recipe. I've been craving it! Now I know what to make tomorrow night for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made this one tonight. It was fantastic! I was glad you made it easy to follow because I am not much of a cook. Keep posting these delicious recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...