Sunday, October 24, 2010

Sugar Cookies

I added this sugar cookie recipe to my recipe book two years ago. One of my darling neighbors brought over these sugar cookies for a Christmas neighbor gift. They were so good that Mark and I hid from our kids and ate every last crumb. They truly are that good!! What is wonderful with this recipe is that you can change the flavor of the dough and frosting by using several different extracts such as: vanilla, almond or lemon. My favorite is the almond and is what I use every time I make these yummy cookies. I started the tradition of making these sugar cookies with my kids each Halloween, Christmas and Valentines day Holiday. It does take some time to make these but are well worth the wait. It is also fun because you can decorate these cookies to your liking and imagination!! I hope you all enjoy this recipe because it truly is one of our family favorites!
I made these cookies with my kids a few weeks ago and we decorated them in very cute Halloween fashion. We delivered them to our neighbors and they were delighted for an early Halloween treat!
My lil' chef! Isn't he cute?

Sugar Cookies
recipe adapted from the kitchen of Brittany Brown

Ingredients:
1 c. shortening (butter flavor)
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. Sour Cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp almond extract( you can use lemon or vanilla)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
4 tsp.baking powder
5 1/2 c. Flour

Mix ingredients together and roll thick. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.

Frosting:
1 cube butter, softened
1- 3oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. almond extract (or you can use lemon or vanilla)
1 lb. powdered sugar
Mix ingredients together until fluffy and thick. Sometimes I add a Tablespoon or two of milk so the frosting is a thick and creamy texture. Add any food coloring of your choice, frost cookies and enjoy!!

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...