Monday, December 20, 2010

Apple Pecan Pancakes

Today, I have another Christmas morning breakfast idea for you. Apple Pecan Pancakes! These have to be one of my FAVORITE PANCAKE recipes! I love apples and nuts and when you combine the two flavors in these pancakes you get a light crunch to these fluffy pancakes and an explosion of flavor! These pancakes are easy to prepare and have a nice cinnamon flavor as well. They make a hearty breakfast which is perfect on those cold crisp winter mornings; especially for a holiday brunch! Top with butter and maple syrup or even try topping with this buttercream syrup recipe for an extra special treat!

Apple Pecan Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 T. brown sugar
2 teas. baking powder
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. ground cinnamon
3/4 c. plus 2 T. milk
2 eggs, seperated
1 teas. vanilla extract
1/2 c. apple, finely chopped and peeled
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans

Directions:
In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir in milk, egg yolks and vanilla. Add apples and pecans. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the batter. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot greased griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles begin to form and the edges are golden. Cook until the second side is golden. Yield 12 pancakes.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. Ash! I just added a recipe tab on my blog. added my sister jello...stil have more to add, but thought you'd want to see what she does. :) pic included.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...