Monday, December 6, 2010

Oatmeal Wheat Pancakes

I am always looking for recipes that are healthy and that utilize the ingredients that I have on hand in my pantry or food storage. I came across this super healthy pancake recipe that is not only healthy but KID FRIENDLY. Occasionally, as a family we will make breakfast for dinner. My kids love when we have breakfast for dinner and so do I because it is something that can be made quickly and put on the table in a short amount of time! We don't have BIG breakfasts very often because I am NOT A MORNING PERSON. If I had it my way, no one should be allowed to be awake before 9 am, I am just saying. :D This pancake recipe calls for oats and whole wheat flour, and makes 12 of the lightest fluffiest pancakes that you will ever try. I was surprised because oatmeal and wheat can make for heavy recipes but these pancakes were so light! This recipe is very easy to make, all you do is throw all the ingredients in your blender and viola! you are ready to start grilling pancakes. I also really love that you can dress up these healthy pancakes with a variety of syrups and a squirt or two of whipping cream to camouflage the "healthiness" of this breakfast food. My kids were none the wiser and I liked knowing that they were getting their whole grains! What mom isn't for nutritious foods that taste great and are healthy for her family? I know that I am a big fan of these kinds of recipes! Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my little family does.

Oatmeal Wheat Pancakes
recipe adapted from jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com

Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. Milk
1/3 c. oil
2 eggs
1 t. salt
2 1/2 teas. baking powder
2 c. Oatmeal
1 c. whole wheat flour

Directions:
Place all ingredients in your blender and give all the ingredients a whirl! Make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Let the batter set for 2-3 minutes. This allows it to thicken. After 2-3 minutes, pour batter on a hot griddle pan to cook. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until hot, browned and bubbly. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes on other side. Serve with a variety of syrups and butter.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...