Monday, January 17, 2011

Broiled Tilapia Oreganata


Today for my Meal time Monday feature, I have a really yummy Tilapia recipe for you all. Adding fish into your meal time menu routine twice a week has some GREAT BENEFITS! With all the great benefits from eating fish, I have been searching for some great fish recipes to insert into my monthly meal rotation. Tilapia is my family's favorite fish to eat because of its mild flavor. It rarely is fishy! With that said, Broiled Tilapia Oreganata has become one of my favorite ways to make fish. This recipe is easy to make and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. This recipe is also very flavorful and the breadcrumbs give a nice crunch to the fish. Pair it up with rice, steamed veggies or baked zucchini sticks for a complete and delicious meal!

Broiled Tilapia Oreganata
Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano or tsp. dried oregano
4 (5 oz.) Tilapia fillets
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
4 tsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Tbsp. Whole Wheat seasoned breadcrumbs

Directions:

Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with alluminum foil. Rinse Tilapia. Pat fillets dry with paper towls. Season with salt, pepper, and oregano. Add garlic, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil 8 inches from the heat until the topping is browned. Be careful not to over cook the fish and burn it. KEEP AN EYE ON IT. Serve with a slice of lime and your favorite veggies.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...