Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cookies and Cream Dream Cupcakes


Last week I had a really bad day... actually I had a few bad days in a row!! Then out of the blue one of my DEAR FRIENDS and neighbors, stopped by for a surprise visit! Unbeknown to her, she didn't know I had had a bad fews days but her visit totally brightened my day! Don't you just love friends who seem to get a sense to drop by and see you? I do! Well she is that kind of friend! When she stopped by, she brought this with her for yours truly:


Anyone that knows me knows that I have a small obsession with Gourmet Cupcakes. My sweet friend saw this calendar and just knew that I should have it! It was so nice to be thought of and what was even more special was knowing that my friend truly knows one of my passions and indulges me!

I am in love with this calendar! Each month a new flavored cupcake recipe is featured! I can't wait to try them all! It will give me something to look forward to making each month as a special treat... and you better believe that I will be dropping off these monthly creations to my sweet friend! Love you DG Darling and thanks for thinking of me!

January's Themed cupcake is Cookies and Cream Dream. Oreos are one of my favorite store bought cookies. I could eat the whole bag if I am not careful. I know I have no shame! *blush* This simple yet delectable recipes is sure to be a hit at your home. I know that after I made and frosted these little gems I had to hide a few for a church function that I planned on taking them to because my husband and kidlets kept sneaking them from off the counter!

The cupcake batter is simple to make and uses a store bought cake mix for convenience and ease. The frosting is very simple to make and is so yummy with crushed oreos!
Make some tonight and indulge that sweet tooth!

Cookies and Cream Dream Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix
1 c. sour cream
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
18-24 whole chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos)
12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crumbled

Directions:
Mix together cake mix, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Place a spoonful of batter on the bottom of each paper liner. Place a whole cookie on the bottom lying flat. Cover with another scoop of batter until 3/4 full.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Allow cupcakes to cool on a rack completely.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
8 Tbsp. (1 stick) butter, room temperature
3 3/4 cups, powdered sugar, sifted
3-4 Tbsp. milk or cream
2 tsp. vanilla extract

Place butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat until light and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Stop beating before adding sugar to avoid a large mess.

Add sugar, milk or cream, and vanilla. Beat frosting starting on slow speed, increasing your speed until frosting is nice and creamy. Add 1-2 Tbsp. milk or cream if frosting is too thick. Add Crushed oreos and fold in.

Add crumbled cookies to Butter cream Frosting. Be generous and frost cupcakes nice and high. Top with a Chocolate Cookie for a pretty presentation! Indulge that sweet tooth and enjoy!


I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you had a couple of bad days! :( I hope your days are better now! And this looks simply divine! I can't wait to try it. I've got a bit of a soft spot for oreos! :) he he hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookies and cream is my favorite flavor. Your cupcakes look adorable with that little cookie on top. I know I'd devour this if I had one in front of me. I have a linky party on my blog right now called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link this recipe up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw this on 'Sweets for a Saturday'. BEAUTIFUL presentation! I can't wait to try this buttercream!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...