Saturday, January 1, 2011

Easy No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake


Cheesecake is one of my all time favorite desserts but much to my dismay it is laden with calories! This cheesecake is a slightly less fattening version plus you don't have to bake it! It starts with a homemade graham cracker crust or if you are short on time you can buy and use a pre-made one that you can purchase at the store in the baking section. The filling in this dessert, is a combination of Dream Whip and a brick of cream cheese whipped to a light and fluffy texture. The topping can be your choice of pie filling. My personal favorite is CHERRY. I like to make my cheesecake the day before I serve it so that all the flavors have time to marry each other (or blend). :D Speaking of lovely things like getting married...Valentines Day will be here before you know it so this would be the perfect dessert to make for that special sweetheart in your life! I made this cheesecake for my sweetheart for our very first Valentines Day we were together and boy was he impressed. I make this cheesecake for him every year during the month of February. Out of all the dishes that I made my sweet husband when we were dating, I think this is the dish that sealed the deal for him! I think he knew he couldn't live without me and my cooking. Tee hee. Especially with the crunchy sugary crust, creamy dreamy filling and the bright cherry red filling that tops this dessert, it is a sure fire way to tell some one that you LOVE THEM! Make one for the sweetheart in your life... they will be glad you did!

Easy No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake
from the kitchen of Wilma DeMille (my madre)
Ingredients:
1 Premade Graham Cracker Crust or make your own
1 envelope dream whip
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
1 16 oz. can Cherry Pie filling

To Make your own crust:
1 individual package of Graham Crackers, crushed
3 Tbsp. white sugar
3 oz. butter, melted

Directions:
In a medium sized bowl, combine crushed Graham crackers and melted butter and sugar. Mix well and mold to the contour of pie plate. Brown in a 350 degree oven for 5-8 minutes. Watch closely so it won't burn.

For filling:
Whip dream whip envelope according to the package instructions. In another bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Then combine both mixtures. Pour into the prepared graham cracker crust. Let it set for a few minutes. Then Top with the pie filling and chill over night.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...