Monday, January 10, 2011

Petite Turkey Meatloaves


Lately, I have been a little absent from blogging because I have been hard at work in search of healthy new recipes to go along with my new year's resolution of eating a little better and making time to exercise for 45 minutes a day. For any of you that are full time moms and have kids, you know that being a mom takes a lot of time and effort and sometimes it requires you to put yourself last during the day. For one of my New Year Resolutions, I decided that I didn't want my health to take a back seat (my health has been taking a back seat) anymore. Besides if I am not healthy and feeling well, then I am not going to be the best mom I can be to my two kids. Being a good mom to my kids is very important to me! With that I have found some new recipes that I can't wait to share with you and your families. Looking for good nutritious recipes to feed your family with takes time and effort and sometimes it can be daunting trying to find them. I want to take out the work for all of you!

I have found a great recipe for today's MEAL TIME MONDAY FEATURE:
Petite Turkey Meatloaves!

I came across this recipe for Turkey Meatloaves. These individual meatloaves are kid friendly and cook faster than making one big loaf. I made the switch from ground beef to ground turkey months ago and actually prefer turkey over beef any day. Don't be scared to try ground turkey. It is very moist in any recipe and provides great flavor! I also replaced breadcrumbs with cholesterol lowering oatmeal for added nutrition. Serve this with Skinny Garlic Mashed Potatoes and a fresh veggie and you have a complete and healthy dinner for your family.

Petite Turkey Meatloaves
Ingredients:
Servings: 4 individual loafs
Calories: 221

1/2 onion, minced
1 tsp olive oil
1.3 lbs Ground Turkey
1/2 c. Oatmeal
1/4 c. Ketchup + 2 Tbsp.
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 Large Egg
1 tsp. Marjoram

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Saute olive oil and onion on low until translucent.
In a Medium Bowl, mix turkey, onion, oatmeal, egg, ketchup, salt and marjoram. Divide into four equal loaves and place each loaf into a non stick mini loaf pan or shape into small loafs on an un-greased non-stick baking pan.

In a Small cup mix remaining 2 Tbsp. with Worcestershire sauce and brush onto each loaf to give a nice glaze.

Bake uncovered for about 4o minutes at 350 degrees. After baking let loaves sit for 5 minutes before serving.

I

Ashlee, The Culinary Queen

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought to do mini meatloaves. Great idea! Thanks for a fun afternoon! It was so fun to celebrate with your family!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments. I would love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...